A rare location for most, Brookes Paranormal will be investigating the historic Newarke Houses Museum in Leicester, for the very first time. Apparitions and voices dominate these two Tudor Houses, but who is it that we'll see, hear and communicate with on the night? Join Brookes Paranormal in the first ghost hunt here in three years to find out!



The Chantry House was built in 1511, while the Skeffington House was built between 1560 and 1580. The two Houses were owned by William Wygston and Thomas Skeffington respectively, and make up the Newarke Houses Museum, located in what is now the heart of De Montfort University.


The owner of the Chantry House William Wygston, was a wealthy wool merchant and town benefactor for Leicester. He built the Chantry House as a home for two priests, who said prayers, blessings and masses, for the souls of William Wygston and his family. Strangely enough, there is a gravestone slab placed into one of the wall's of the Chantry House, written in Latin and dating back to the 1300s, despite the House being built in the early 16th Century. In the 17th Century, the Chantry House became a grand domestic residence.


The Skeffington House has a different story. Built and owned by Thomas Skeffington, who at the time was Sheriff of Leicester, this House was constructed with the width of just one room. Extensions to the property weren't made until the 1790s by William Oldham.

Since opening as a Museum in 1953, the Newarke Houses has been home to various artefacts and collections, from the Tudor times to the last 50 years. Towards the rear end of the location, there is a recreation of a typical 1950s cobbled street. Upstairs is also a recreation of a World War 1 trench, with exhibitions about the Wars. The 'Toys and Games' exhibition is located in the oldest part of the location, featuring Tudor toys. Downstairs is a small room which displays some of the clothing worn by Daniel Lambert, a Leicester Gaol Keeper who was famous for his size and weight, as well as his favourite chair to sit in. By the time his Gaol closed in 1805, Daniel weighed a whopping fifty stone, making him the heaviest authenticated person on record at that time. At the front of the building, there are panelled rooms with an original fireplace and coat of arms.



The ghost of a priest has been seen in the Chantry House, kneeling and praying in the corner of the rooms. A Victorian gentleman and lady have both been seen passing through the shops in the 1950s Street. Various energies have been picked up on from the historic artefacts behind glass cases. And loud footsteps are heard walking across the upper floors, with no direct source.



Participate in this unique night of spooky ghost hunting with the Brookes Paranormal team as we attempt to communicate with the ghostly residents at the Newarke Houses Museum.


On the night, you will be taking part in numerous Vigils and a variety of Experiments (both Scientific and Traditional). You will also have full use of some of the best Ghost Hunting Equipment used today, and be informed on how Paranormal Investigators use them to try and communicate with the afterlife.


All payments are safely secured via PayPal.



Refreshments Provided.

Parking at Event: Car Park at NCP Leicester St Nicholas Circle.

18+ Only.

This Event IS SUITABLE for anyone with mobility issues.

This Event DOES include our Team Medium.




Newarke Houses Museum Ghost Hunt - Saturday 23rd July 2022


DATE: Saturday 23rd July 2022

TIME: 8:00pm - 1:00am (Arrive 15 minutes early)

LOCATION: The Newarke, Leicester, Leicestershire LE2 7BY

PARKING AT EVENT: Car Park at NCP Leicester St Nicholas Circle.

REMAINING BALANCE: Needs to be paid FOUR WEEKS prior to the event date.


NOTE: Bringing alcohol or drugs to this event is strictly prohibited. If anyone arrives at the event under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will not be allowed to stay for the night and will be asked to leave immediately.